I'm reading this Nora Roberts book where the character escapes from her old life and hightails it to Ireland to live in the remote cottage. The cottage is simple, quiet, surrounded by flowers, and has just about every basic thing (I think I could live without a dryer/microwave) in it. At least the main character brought her laptop. Remote but connected if one is so inclined. I honestly didn't want to read any further because I didn't want the main character to leave that peaceful cottage.
I guess reading blogs, in a way, can be just like that. You get to read a story about someones life and it doesn't necessarily need to be dramatic, miserable, and depressing. I really hate depressing books. Truth be told, I used to read the last few pages in a romance novel to make absolutely sure that it ended happily!
When my life gets out of kilter... I will go to the cottage in my mind. Unless I win the lottery... then I will go to a real cottage on a hill in Ireland. The kids can live in the one next door, the one with sound proof thatching.

No comments:
Post a Comment